Conversation Space 4.4 – Responding to the Sewell Report: Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparity…
Following the recent announcement in our newsletter, with four members ending their membership of the Board, the ODN Europe Board is seeking interested members to come forward to lead and contribute as members of the Board.
Following an inquiry last year, the current Board members feel that we need to continue with a diverse group who are curious about what is right for ODN Europe now and in the future whilst respecting and appreciating our past. We expect the way ODN Europe operates and is structured to evolve and change in the next three years as we expand into more of Europe. How radical those changes are remains to be seen.
To fulfil its role with broader diversity, the Board requires individuals with specific interest, experience, and expertise in the following areas:
1. European perspectives: how we broaden our membership across Europe
2. International networking/partnerships: building collaborative relationships across the world
3. Member engagement: what conditions are required for membership diversity to increase and to continue building a strong body of ODN Europe members
4. Digital communication & connection: developing the infrastructure underpinning our community’s experience
5. Equity, Diversity & Inclusion: proactively committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion work in the field of OD and to support the growth of our membership
An application form and outline of the ODN Europe Board member expectations are attached to this email.
Applications should be submitted by 12 noon on 24 February 2021.
Members of ODN Europe will be asked to vote for their preferred candidates via an anonymous online voting platform. Candidate profiles will be made up of the 500 words that have been entered into Section 3 of the application form. Please ensure that you complete this section if you are applying.
For anyone seeking further information, there will be two virtual meetings to speak with members of the Board on Tuesday 9 February and Monday 15 February. If you would like to attend one of these virtual meetings, please contact email@example.com to receive details for your preferred call.
The timeline for this Board Member election is:
Application period begins: 3 February 2021
Virtual meeting with ODN Europe Board members: 9 February 2021 @ 15:00 GMT
Virtual meeting with ODN Europe Board members: 15 February 2021 @ 11:00 GMT
Deadline for application form submission: 24 February @ 12:00 GMT
Voting begins: 4 March 2021
Voting closes: 25 March 2021
Announcement of outcome to candidates: by 2 April 2021
Announcement of outcome to members: 21-23 April 2021 (at Conference)
If you would like to speak to a member of the Board about standing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org