Dear OD-enthusiast, Not so long ago I greeted one of my best friends on concluding…
ODN Europe peer supervision
Membership of ODN Europe has a number of benefits, many of which provide rich conversations and food for thought which helps develop our practice:
- Mentoring is one to one support of a more experienced OD practitioner with someone less experienced
- The Friday Space provides opportunities for informal chats
- Regional Gatherings may involve up to 30 people and the sessions are designed/facilitated by the leads on a range of topics relevant to participants
- The annual conference provides a space for us all to come together
Supervision complements these offers. It provides a space for participants to bring challenges and difficulties relating to their practice and to reflect together.
What is supervision?
The purpose of supervision is to provide a space to reflect and develop our practice as OD professionals. There are 3 elements to supervision:
- Developmental: of our practice, including skills, use of self and our professional identity
- Restorative: support to mitigate stress and promote wellbeing
- Ethical: ensuring we’re following appropriate codes of conduct, professional standards and ensuring the wellbeing of clients
Participants will likely have differing backgrounds and be at different stages of our developmental journey as OD practitioners.
ODN Europe peer supervision sessions
There will be open, drop in sessions which are open to all members. Dates are promoted in the newsletter and on the website
A group of participants at an open session may want to continue meeting on a regular basis and become a closed supervision group. The same people meeting regularly builds safety and helps participants to go deeper into their practice.
Have you had supervision training?
If you’ve had supervision training and have pro bono time to offer to supervise sessions for ODN Europe members please contact firstname.lastname@example.org